The first signs of cooler weather are upon us already. It is the season to get outdoors and spend more time exploring in nature. It is time to pack out our gum boots, umbrellas and raincoats ready to explore.
We are getting very close to saying goodbye to a handful of children who will gradually transition into Children’s House next term. Good luck Poppy, Hazel and Sophia. We will miss you and hope you all have a smooth start in Children’s House.
Here are a few age appropriate ideas for you and your child to do during the upcoming holidays and beyond.
- Active 8 Program is an 8 week family program aimed at high energy / fussy eaters 2-5yrs. It’s free, fun and interactive. Starts Thursday 6th April 1:30pm – 3pm at Port Kennedy Community Centre. Go to www.rockingham.wa.gov.au for all events.
- Babies Proms with the Philharmonic Orchestra has announced its first dates for 2023. May 6th and 7th for a 10am & 11:30am concert at Perth College. This is great fun for the very young to experience a full 70 piece orchestra up close and personal.
- Bennet Brook Railway at Whiteman Park has just announced the first date for “Ashley and all his engine friends”. Sunday May 21st from 9:30am – 4:30pm. A must do for all little train enthusiasts. Tickets must be pre ordered online and sell out fast!
- Easter Scavenger Hunt at Safety Bay Library on Wednesday 5th April
- Under 5’s STEAM Lab runs out of Rockingham Library on Mondays from 10am-11am
- Toddler Time! Safety Bay Library from 9:30am – 10am on Mondays
- Rhyme Time! Rockingham Library from 11am – 11:45am on Tuesdays
- Giants of Mandurah
Expression of interest for both Rockingham and Lakelands are now open for Term 2. Please let us know at your next session if you wish to continue next term. Also, feel free to recommend us to a friend or two. We offer a free trial for all new families. Please call the office on 9528 2118 to book a trial session.
Rockingham Infant Toddler Program returns from Wednesday 26th April.
Lakelands Infant Toddler Program returns from Friday 28th April.
Have a safe and restful holiday break. We look forward to seeing you all again for a fun Term 2.
Carla and Orla