The involvement of families at Rockingham Montessori School greatly benefits our community and is key to our success and development. Some of the ways in which parents contribute to a thriving school community:
- Community Spirit is the Montessori version of a Parents & Friends Association. Families are welcome to join the RMS
- Community Spirit Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1263242030369591/
- Learning about Montessori philosophy and practice through independent research or Montessori Morning Chats, held in the Primary School twice a term.
- Attending Parent Education Evenings held each term.
- Observing in the classroom (by appointment firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sharing skills and hobbies, helping with pet rosters, or providing flowers for the classroom.
- Welcoming and orienting new families as the Parent Liaison.
To find out when events are being held, please check the School Calendar or the School Newsletter.
Infant & Toddler
1 - 3 Years
Our Infant Toddler Program (Playgroup) is the ideal way for your family to experience the Montessori philosophy and practice, while providing toddlers with a gentle transition to the Children’s House.
3 - 6 Years
Rockingham Montessori School has three Children’s House classrooms, named Dolphins, Penguins and Seahorse, reflecting our seaside location. Each is led by a dedicated and highly-trained Montessori teacher.
6 - 12 Years
Rockingham Montessori School has three Lower-Primary classrooms: Jelly Fish, Starfish and Sea Lions, continuing our ocean theme. Teachers are Montessori-trained and work with the help of an education assistant.
12 -18 Years
In Montessori’s third plane of development, from twelve to eighteen years old, the adolescent has a ‘humanistic mind’ eager to understand humanity and the contribution they can make to society.