This term, Sea Lions students were given an opportunity to attend the ‘Adopt a Beach Excursion’. All the students participated in planting native trees to help stabilize dunes and provide additional coast.
Sea Lions have also been learning about Procedural Writing. So after the excursion, students wrote a step-by-step procedure for planting trees.
Below is the procedure written by Miley:
- Dig the planting hole with the shovel.
- Get a native tree to plant.
- Squeeze the side of the plant box, tap the top of it and then slide the plant out of the box.
- Place the tree in the centre of the hole.
- Fill the remainder of the hole with the soil.
This excursion helped our students be actively involved in the restoration of local dunes.